Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stage 1 of Steps Journey: Accumulate Tickets

So here's what I've been up to in the steps department. I decided that I wanted to give myself a reasonable shot at winning a seat but I didn't want to blow my bankroll in the process, so I figured I would use some of my Full Tilt Points to purchase some step 1 tickets and play a bunch of them to hopefully accumulate a handful of step 2 tickets. Then I would buckle down and get as far as I could with those tickets without purchasing more.

I tried a few different step 1's, including the 9-man turbo STTs, 9-man super-turbos, and the 4-man HU shootouts. In terms of my skill edge over the competition, I'd probably rank them in that order too. In fact, I don't think I'm a very good HU player at all - I'm fine in HU play at the end of tournies or SnGs, when stacks tend to be much shallower, but I feel completely out of my element in deepstack HU play. I seem to have a really hard time judging relative hand strength in deepstack HU play. But I do find them fun so I figured why not play a few with some FTPs to see if I could score a ticket or two out of them.

In any case, the end result is that I now have 4 step 2 tickets to play with. Depending on how things go I might decide to use some more FTPs to purchase another couple of step 1 tickets, but right now I'm focused on seeing what I can do with these step 2's. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment