Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Maybe I should stay away from Rush altogether...

Time for my first venting post. I two-tabled 5NL Rush tonight and got slaughtered. Got stacked three times tonight, which has never happened to me playing cash NLHE. Here's the breakdown:

Hand 1:
Doing fine, up half a buy-in on one table. Call a raise w/ 88, flop a set, get villain in on the flop (he had me covered). He flips over KK (perfect) and of course turns one of his two K outs.

Hand 2:
Limp behind several w/ 66, flop comes Q44. Checked around, turn is a 6 (perfect). A bit of money goes in on the turn and then the rest goes in on a river 2. Villain flips over QQ for the limped big pair and slowplayed flopped overfull. Nice.

Hand 3:
Call a raise w/ AK in position, we go to the flop heads-up. Flop comes KQ6 with 2 diamonds (I have none). Raiser CB's pot, I call w/ TPTK, turn is a 3rd diamond. Raiser pushes. Since there is plenty in his range besides a flush I make the call for the rest of my stack. He turns over A7dd. This is the only hand I possibly could have played differently. Are there enough hands in his range on the turn besides ones that beat me, or am I rationalizing a bad decision?

On the bright side, I earned $1.26 toward my new FullTilt bonus offer!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. Those are some sick beats. I am strictly a stars player and thus I am not playing rush poker. It sounds like rush is a more swingy game which will cause your variance to go up, which is somethign that I am trying to stay away from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for reading. I am primarily a tourney player but couldn't resist trying Rush when it came out. I probably should just stop playing cash NLHE altogether and focus on my strengths but I hate the idea of giving up on cash poker.

    ReplyDelete